The Green Team
Working towards making sure we are operating the Zoo in the most environmentally sustainable way possible, making the Zoo an educational resource for sustainable practices, and setting an example for the community.
2012 Green Team Goals:
- Create a culture of conservation by frequently reminding Zoo staff of simple waste reduction techniques like printing on the reverse side of paper and asking other departments for excess supplies before purchasing new
- Raise green awareness throughout the Zoo with reminders to limit resource consumption on paper towel dispensers, light switches, supply order forms, etc.
- Incorporate green awareness in volunteer and new hire orientations
- Explore ways to increase visiting students’ green participation and involvement
- Continue to evaluate office and restaurant supply orders to ensure the use of the greenest available options; Include exploration of the next step in green certification for Zoo restaurants
- Explore storm drain signage to remind guests of the connections between storm drains and our rivers
- Continue to reduce waste stream
The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens offers all full time employees a competitive benefits package including free medical, dental and life insurance for the employee, paid time off, 403B Retirement Plan, and discounts at the Zoo.
EOE / DRUG FREE WORKPLACE